Whitman-Walker Health offers affirming community-based health and wellness services to all with a special expertise in LGBTQ and HIV care. The legal services program provides direct legal service to clients and to individuals who need assistance with HIV-related or LGBTQ-related legal matters.
Whitman-Walker Health's legal team is here to help you break through legal barriers to acheive improved health and wellness outcomes. Their full offering of legal services include:
- Consumer/Debtor Rights including medical debt and student loan disability discharge.
- Disability Insurance including assistance with initial Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) applications, appeals, terminations, overpayments and more.
- Discrimination based on HIV status, sexual orientation, or gender identity in housing, education, employment, public accommodations, and healthcare.
- Immigration including asylum, adjustment, naturalization and more.
- Name and Gender Change including court orders for name changes, completion of administrative steps for gender marker changes, and other identity document updates.
- Insurance and Benefits including private insurance and public benefit matters, including DC Alliance, Medicaid (including in-home care), Medicare, Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB), Low Income Subsidy (LIS), AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), and more.
- Wills and Powers of Attorney including a variety of planning documents.
If you are facing any of the legal issues described above, call Whitman-Walker Health's Legal Services program at 202-939-7630 to complete an intake interview or email us at email@example.com.
If you are facing any of the legal issues described above, call or email the Legal Services Proram to receive help.
Program Contact Name:
Program Contact email:
Program Contact Phone: 202-939-7630
Advice/Help Hotline Phone:
Online intake form URL:
Program uses Language Line (Y/N): Yes
Program staff provide services in other languages: Language Line, including ASL
Program Contact Fax:
Intake days/hours (walk-in):
Advice/Help Hotline Days/Hours:
Advice/Help Hotline Phone:
Intake days/hours (by phone): Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm
Intake days/hours (other):
Condition of waiver:
Condition of waiver (describe):
Cost or fee (describe): No cost
Description of other:
Eligibility-income: No cost
Eligibility-other: Please note that all clients must complete a thorough intake interview for their case to be considered.
Consumer: Full Representation
Domestic Violence: Full Representation
Employment: Full Representation
Housing - General:
Housing - Landlord/Tenant:
Immigration and Citizenship: Full Representation
Life and Health Planning: Full Representation
Wills, Estates, Probate:
Other Topics: Full Representation
Se habla Español:
Washington, DC 20009
Is this legal advice?
This site offers legal information, not legal advice. We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information and to clearly explain your options. However we do not provide legal advice - the application of the law to your individual circumstances. For legal advice, you should consult an attorney. The Maryland Thurgood Marshall State Law Library, a court-related agency of the Maryland Judiciary, sponsors this site. In the absence of file-specific attribution or copyright, the Maryland Thurgood Marshall State Law Library may hold the copyright to parts of this website. You are free to copy the information for your own use or for other non-commercial purposes with the following language “Source: Maryland's People’s Law Library – www.peoples-law.org. © Maryland Thurgood Marshall State Law Library, 2022.”