Whitman-Walker Health's legal team is here to help you break through legal barriers to acheive improved health and wellness outcomes. Their full offering of legal services include:
- Consumer/Debtor Rights including medical debt and student loan disability discharge.
- Disability Insurance including assistance with initial Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) applications, appeals, terminations, overpayments and more.
- Discrimination based on HIV status, sexual orientation, or gender identity in housing, education, employment, public accommodations, and healthcare.
- Immigration including asylum, adjustment, naturalization and more.
- Name and Gender Change including court orders for name changes, completion of administrative steps for gender marker changes, and other identity document updates.
- Insurance and Benefits including private insurance and public benefit matters, including DC Alliance, Medicaid (including in-home care), Medicare, Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB), Low Income Subsidy (LIS), AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), and more.
- Wills and Powers of Attorney including a variety of planning documents.
If you are facing any of the legal issues described above, call Whitman-Walker Health's Legal Services program at 202-939-7630 to complete an intake interview or email us at email@example.com.
If you are facing any of the legal issues described above, call or email the Legal Services Proram to receive help.