Subsidized Housing Services: If you live in Baltimore City and need legal assistance with the following housing matters, HPRP may be able help:
- Getting into public housing, HUD housing, Section 8 or other subsidized housing
- Evictions from public housing, HUD housing, or other subsidized housing
- Shelter and transitional housing terminations
Public Benefits Services: If you live in Baltimore City and need legal assistance with appeals in the following programs, HPRP can represent you:
- Food Supplement Program (food stamps)
- TCA (Temporary Cash Assistance)
- TDAP (Temporary Disability Assistance Program)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
Expungement: If you are interested in having criminal charges removed, HPRP offers expungement intakes at community-based sites (but not at our office) to homeless and low-income persons with Maryland state criminal records. To find out if you are eligible to petition the court for expungement of criminal charges on your records, come to one of our intake sessions. HPRP offers expungement intake at these following locations:
Baltimore City: Baltimore City residents seeking expungement, we are now offering hybrid in-person and remote expungement intakes. To sign up you can reach Angel by calling 410-685-6589 x18 and please leave voicemail.
Prince George's and Montgomery Counties: Montgomery and Prince George’s County residents seeking an expungement can request a phone intake by calling 410-387-3126, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Due to closures within the courts, there may be significant delays in the expungement process.