Ask a Lawyer in the Library (Virtual)
Talk with a volunteer lawyer for up to 20 minutes about your civil, non-family legal problem for free!
Register here or call the law library.
Once you have signed up, you will be sent a link to an intake sheet and instructions for meeting with the attorney.
Contact the library if you have questions: (phone) 410-222-1387 or (email) AALawLibrarian@mdcourts.gov
Issues that may be addressed include:
- Debt and bankruptcy
- Landlord/Tenant questions
- Real estate
- Employment and wage claim issues
- Contracts, warranties and/or consumer disputes
- Wills, estate planning, probate, living wills
The attorney you meet with may not have expertise in the area of law you need. They will make every effort, through the resources in the library, to answer your questions correctly.
Family law issues are best addressed by the Family Law Help Center.
The Lawyer in the Law Library Program is a limited legal advice service and should not be considered a substitute for representation. If you would like to hire an attorney to represent you contact the Anne Arundel Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service or call 410-222-6859.
Preparation for your session:
- Write a list of specific questions for the attorney.
- Bring any paperwork and information related to the case.
- Organize any paperwork from most recent on the top to oldest at the bottom.
- Identify all deadlines.
- Prepare a timeline of the legal issue.