Birth Certificates

General Birth Certificates Articles

If you were born in Maryland and either your sex has been changed or you have been diagnosed with an intersex condition, you are entitled to have the sex listed on your birth certificate updated.
There are many reasons you might wish to change the name on a birth certificate. There are rules for each type of change. This includes changing from one name to another, correcting a misspelled name, adding a missing name, or correcting a parent’s information.