In the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, too many hard-working Maryland residents are facing extraordinary financial and legal issues, which are already straining the limits of our civil justice system. To help Maryland residents address and resolve these issues, the Maryland Attorney General and Maryland Access to Justice Commission launched the COVID-19 Access to Justice Task Force.
To help Marylanders address their civil legal issues, the Task Force is hosting a series of Virtual Community Forums, both in English and Spanish. The upcoming schedule includes:
- August 31 - Evictions, Court Preparation, and Mediation
- September 23 - Consumer Debt
- September 30 - Eviction Prevention
- October 14 - Surviving Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
- October 21 - Life and Health Planning
- October 28 - Economic and Food Security (Unemployment Benefits)