Queen Anne's County Family Law Clinic
The Family Law Clinic provides access to a volunteer family law attorney. The attorney provides legal assistance, through a free and limited consultation on how to represent yourself. The consultation may also include answering or clarifying questions about court procedures, making referrals to legal service providers or community resources. The attorney may also aid in obtaining and completing the appropriate forms related to matters of divorce, custody/visitation, modification of child support, modification of custody/visitation, guardianship and name change.
If the family law matter is too complex, or otherwise inappropriate for the clinic, the attorney will attempt to refer individuals to an appropriate resource. If you have a complex case, you should retain an attorney.
The Family Law Clinic is NOT a Substitute for an Attorney.
- DO NOT represent individuals
- DO NOT file paperwork for individuals.
- DO NOT go to court with or help try cases.
- DO NOT call, write letters, or otherwise communicate with opposing parties, attorneys, or Judges.
- DO NOT help individuals who already have an attorney.
- DO NOT assist with discovery.
- DO NOT draft or review separation agreements.
The Family Law Clinic operates during the week, on a first-come, first-served basis, at the Circuit Court for Queen Anne’s County. The hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday: 9:00 AM – Noon
- Tuesday: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – Noon
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – Noon
- Friday: 9:00 AM – Noon
Queen Anne’s County Public Library - Centreville Branch
1st Thursday: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Queen Anne’s County Public Library - Kent Island Branch
3rd Thursday: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM